Posted on August 23, 2021
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the CPI for All Urban Consumers increased 5.4% from June 2020 to June 2021. This is the largest 12-month advance since the year ending August 2008.
- This coincided with new winning robo advisors: Schwab, Wealthfront, Schwab, & Morgan’s Inflation Conscious option.
Posted on June 7, 2021
- What is Direct Indexing? Direct indexing is an investment strategy that seeks to replicate the underlying stocks of an index instead of holding an index fund.
- Schwab, BlackRock, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley have all engaged in transactions that could influence their ability to offer direct indexing at scale.
Posted on May 24, 2021
- Not all robos implemented tax-loss harvesting to the same extent. While some realized net losses of over 8% of the account value on the year, others did not realize any losses at all
- TD Essential Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Portfolios were top choices for tax-loss harvesting over the year
- SigFig, UBS, and Citizens were at the bottom of the pack with virtually no net realized losses on the year
Posted on May 11, 2021
- The strong first and fourth quarter performance was enough to push both Schwab portfolios into the top 10 over the 1-year trailing period ending March 31, 2021
- Over the past year, Titan’s equities returned 71.96%. These strong returns led it to outperform its benchmark by 12.43%
- Robo advisors allocated to municipal bonds significantly outperformed
Posted on March 9, 2021
- The volatility of 2020 made for an interesting case study to observe robo advisor rebalancing
- Some accounts showed decisive rebalancing trades when the market was most fearful, displaying the merits of automatic robo advisor rebalancing
- We estimate that select robo advisors in our study earned an additional 0.50% to 1.50% due to automatic rebalancing in 2020
Posted on December 4, 2020
Welcome to the Backend Benchmarking company update. In this email, we share news of our most recent Robo Report, the work our Development team is doing polishing the user interface and fixing bugs, an update on our most recent media appearances, and exciting results from our market research study with Columbia University.Read More…